You have built your website or blog and you are thinking how to make search engine optimization? I’d suggest to step back a little bit in time.
The search engine optimization must be started together with the development of the website. On page seo is essential now from 2013 because the link building has become less important.
On page SEO beats link building?
Yes but no. Both are important to reach success. The on page SEO must be planned and it must be built in to the website or blog as it has key importance in success. If you already have your website and you want to perform on page SEO now then I suggest you to jump into the code again and check the essential parts.
The whole website design should be built on the on page SEO. Please check the following key factors:
- load speed – check your site with GtMetrix
- page speed – it checks the optimization level of your website (GtMetrix checks it together with Yslow value)
- meta description – different meta description on every page (approximately 150 character long)
- page title – different page titles
- headers – exactly one H1 tag on every page and maximum of three H2 tags
- word count – minimum of 300 words per page
- keyword consistency – it should be between 1.5% and 6.5%
- minimum number of pages – you shouldn’t create anything below five content pages
- content photos – minimum of one content photo with alt attribute
- social share buttons – Google+, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- … and of curse unique content (not duplicated)
If you have all of these things listed above then you have the possibility to have good positions in the search engine result pages. Probably you will need to to off page SEO as well.
You should not buy link building services because it can hurt your SEO factor. I suggest you to write guest posts on some blogs and use the social media networks to promote your website.
Suggested article to read: